Friday, August 21, 2020

MY SELF DESTRUCTIVE LIFE

Don’t wear black for me
From love or sympathy
My self-destructive life’s
Been a troubadour’s delight
Hoist up a round or three
Drink to clown called destiny
Don’t say a prayer
Never have been a Main Street player
Don’t bring flowers and wreaths
Choke over memories
My self-destructive life’s
Been a troubadour’s delight
Once you were a love to me
Found how warm a home could be
Our feet went on fire
Too indiscreet to be a liar
Set up a round again
Drink it with a smile my friend
Who knows the whole truth
Never believe it without the proof
Don’t carve a monument
Pay the poor children’s rent
My self-destructive life’s
Been a vagabond’s delight

No comments:

Post a Comment

INDEX OF THIS BLOG

INDEX OF STORIES AND VERSES

          MARCH 2020 ALTERNATIVES THE TWEKIAN I'M DARRYL PENNY AND DREW AND THE NEARLY PERFECT ZOO GRAPE           APRIL 2020 THE HOLLOW...