Saturday, September 12, 2020

Missing You (California Nights)

Missing You (California Nights)
When the trees are bare
`Cause the leaves aren't there;
With the season's change
Snow's across the range;
I think of you on that western shore
v2
I dream of blazing nights,
The California lights -
You out there with Jim.
I missed you back when;
Tonight, Love, I miss you even more.
chorus
(Miss you baby)
The cows are waiting by the gate
The horses milling cause you're late
(They miss you baby)
Cutting your roses by the gate
Just to view them o'er my dinner plate
(I miss you baby)
Tonight I'll see you in my dreams
v3
I miss your dancing eyes
Before Montana skies;
Since you went with him
Give my best to Jim.
Who would think you'd even the score?
v4
I see the shadows grow;
I hear the cattle low;
Yes I chose the range
Because the heart can change -
But I'll remember you on that western shore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

INDEX OF THIS BLOG

INDEX OF STORIES AND VERSES

          MARCH 2020 ALTERNATIVES THE TWEKIAN I'M DARRYL PENNY AND DREW AND THE NEARLY PERFECT ZOO GRAPE           APRIL 2020 THE HOLLOW...