Tuesday, November 10, 2020

I Made You

 In my dreams

In my genius
You are the one work of promise
I made you
Then you made me
Complete
In my grace
In my prescience
I gave you life
To live in my presence
I made you
Then you made me
Complete
And if I gave you wings
And a voice that sings
I did it all just for me
And if I gave you love
It was over and above
All courtesy
In my search for pride and power
I reached for you every hour
I molded you from lifeless clay
One shady day
Then I touched your sightless eyes
They opened like the sunrise
I wrenched a life from the clay
That shady day
If we should ever reach the sun
I am the only one
Who touched it twice
And if I should ever die
You are the reason why
The one life could suffice

No comments:

Post a Comment

INDEX OF THIS BLOG

INDEX OF STORIES AND VERSES

          MARCH 2020 ALTERNATIVES THE TWEKIAN I'M DARRYL PENNY AND DREW AND THE NEARLY PERFECT ZOO GRAPE           APRIL 2020 THE HOLLOW...