Thursday, December 24, 2020

MY GIFT FOR YOU WILL BE

 Each year, I write something for Christmas. Sometimes I like the result, sometimes not. The big problem for me is, all the cliches and nice phrases are overworked by thousands of writers and would-be writers. It's hard to get beyond that and still sound "Christmasy." The following may or may not be subject to revision, pending further review.

"My Gift For You Will Be"
written with Tony Bennet's voice in my ear
My gift to you will be
More than a prize
Underneath a Christmas tree
Wise and wonderful bride
A star will take us
On a magical ride
Soon you will see
The world below us will be
A jewel in the mist
O’er it we pause
Shocking Mister Claus
With a long lover’s kiss
My love for you will be
More than a prize
More than a prize
1
Seen by 4
Like
Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment

INDEX OF THIS BLOG

INDEX OF STORIES AND VERSES

          MARCH 2020 ALTERNATIVES THE TWEKIAN I'M DARRYL PENNY AND DREW AND THE NEARLY PERFECT ZOO GRAPE           APRIL 2020 THE HOLLOW...