Wednesday, September 8, 2021

The Pinto Horse

 I wrote this when I was very young. Nearly 60 years ago. I don't have a copy of it, but I recall word for word and want to make a record of it.

ride the pinto horse
across the pampas plains
ride a steady course
don't pull on those reins
the pinto can see 
beyond your plans
you've got to look closely
through your hands

I rode the pinto horse
I was a gaucho plain
unto the very source
of any man's pain
the pinto could see
beyond my plans
I had to look closely
through my hands

tonight the moon is full
in steady force
to light on its way
the pinto horse
the pinto can see
beyond your plans
you've got to see closely
through your hands


1 comment:

INDEX OF THIS BLOG

INDEX OF STORIES AND VERSES

          MARCH 2020 ALTERNATIVES THE TWEKIAN I'M DARRYL PENNY AND DREW AND THE NEARLY PERFECT ZOO GRAPE           APRIL 2020 THE HOLLOW...